Re: Setting Mutt exit code

John, et al --

...and then John Buttery said...
%
% * Florian Weimer <fw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-09-25 08:44:36 +0200]:
% > I'd like to set the exit code Mutt returns.  Is this possible at all?

I don't think so, either, but I'd like to know more about why.

%
%   I don't think you can, but you could fake it by using a shell script
% wrapper like so:
%
% ----- cut here "mutt_exitstatus.sh"
% #! /bin/sh
% /usr/bin/mutt $*
% exit 1
% ----- cut here

Well, yeah, but then that sets it to the same thing always, which is very
probably no more helpful than whatever exit code it returns now.  I
imagine he plans to base that on some in-mutt behavior and get some real
meaning from it.

HTH & HAND & Florian, tell us more

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.