Re: Setting Mutt exit code

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:30:44AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > Why do you have to invoke mutt several times for this? That doesn't seem
> > like the best way to do it - what's wrong with mailboxes= and 'c'? Also,
> > you could re-bind x or q or whatever you use to exit mutt to go to the
> > next mailbox instead?
>
> The list of mailboxes is dynamically generated, and using "x" or "q"
> would require temporary files which result in all kinds of problems.

So, why not just write a script which spits out the appropriate mutt
syntax to name those mailboxes, like this:

  unmailboxes *
  mailboxes foo
  mailboxes bar
  mailboxes etc

Then source the script in .muttrc, like this:

  source ~/bin/myscript|

I'm not really clear on what sort of problem you're trying to solve,
so I'm not sure how helpful this would be...

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/