Re: "New mail to selected sender" macro?

John, et al --

...and then John Buttery said...
%
% * David T-G <davidtg-muttusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-09-23 06:47:21 -0400]:
% > What, aliases aren't good enough for you? ;-)
%
%   Nope, that would require me to come up with aliases for a bunch of
% random people all the time, not to mention remember them.  :)

Ah.  I figure that I can paste it in once and if I initiate a mail twice
then it's probably worth aliasing.  Of course, that could explain why I
have over 1400 regular aliases (and some 40 group aliases) :-)

%
% > Rather than try to muck about with it in mutt, let your editor remove the
% > header for you.  That is,
%
%   OK, this works...I did have to make some minor modifications, but the

Glad to hear it.

% concept is sound.  I have a feeling that remembering to run the ,e macro
% after I'm finished with one of these pseudo-replies may prove to be a

I admit that it's a hack; I'm sure there is a better way.  Think default
send hooks, I figure.

% problem.  Thanks for the tips, though...it's got me thinking of ways to
% solve some of the other "problems" I'm been contemplating trying to
% automate.

Glad to hear it :-)

%
% --
%   John  ! Being consistent requires that you keep track of what you
%  Buttery! knew in the past, so you can pretend not to have learned
% www.io.c! anything since then.  -- Bob Pendleton
% om/~john!

HTH & HAND

:-D