Re: mutt maildir and newmail

* Gerhard Siegesmund <gerhard.siegesmund@xxxxxxxx> [15-09-2003 14:05]:

> I added the following macro to "ignore" new mails. Its very handy if you
> don't always read all mails in an mailinglist, but still want to know
> what is new after you read the last time:
>
> macro index I
> '<tag-pattern>~N^M<tag-prefix><toggle-new><tag-prefix><tag-entry>'
>
> Just press I to tag all the unread messages as read. Doesn't work
> correctly if there is no new mail available in the folder. If someone
> has an idea to improve this macro?

macro index ,r
"<tag-pattern>~U<enter><tag-prefix><clear-flag>N<untag-pattern>.<enter>" \
               "mark all messages read"

Note that I use ~U and clear flag N;  I don't use the "old" message
feature (set nomark_old).  So could have used ~N ;-)

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx)

It's not the fall that kills you.  It's the sudden stop at the end.
-Douglas Adams