mutt maildir and newmail

Hi,
I recently changed from mbox format to Maildir format. I use,
mailboxes +inbox +qmail +dns +gnu +friend

I used to navigate properly for new mails using "c".
Mutt use to get me to the next folder with newmails. Sometimes in some
folders there are many mails which I don't read that time. But now
whenever I press "c" mutt again takes me to that folder. With mbox mutt
never did that. The result is that I "have" to read all the mails in the
folders if I have to escape mutt not showing them again for newmails.
With mbox format it was enough if I just entered that folder. But not
with Maildir.

Is this true? Is there any workaround with this?
With warm regards,
-Payal

--
"Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"