Re: mutt slow with Maildirs???

Hi Payal ;),

> I have mutt 1.4i on a P-II machine with 256Mb RAM with ext3 fs.

I noticed that for thing like opening and browsing maildir folder, with a
high volume of messages, ext2 is noticeable faster. That's the reason i
swithched back to ext2.

Anyway, for very large folders (over 10000 messages), mutt spends some time
opening the folder, i think that's caused for all the open and stats that
have to be performed.

Cheers,

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra