Re: mutt maildir and newmail

> never did that. The result is that I "have" to read all the mails in the
> folders if I have to escape mutt not showing them again for newmails.
> With mbox format it was enough if I just entered that folder. But not
> with Maildir.
> Is this true? Is there any workaround with this?

I added the following macro to "ignore" new mails. Its very handy if you
don't always read all mails in an mailinglist, but still want to know
what is new after you read the last time:

macro index I '<tag-pattern>~N^M<tag-prefix><toggle-new><tag-prefix><tag-entry>'

Just press I to tag all the unread messages as read. Doesn't work
correctly if there is no new mail available in the folder. If someone
has an idea to improve this macro?

--
cu
  --== Jerri ==--