Stef Slamon: Was:Re: Stef Slamon STOP

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:23:17PM -0700, Stefanie Slamon wrote:

> > > I must Download your bullshit with a CellPhone and 9600 BpS
> > > (10¢/min) !!!
> > >
> > > If I get more Mails Back, I will contact your ISP and will
> > > bill you !!!
> >

> It's been taken care of.  There was a misconfiguration that caused
> a couple of folk to inadvertantly get thrown into my blacklist.
>
> And Michelle?  Before you get any more worked up, you might want to
> consider using a somewhat less expensive way to read email and save
> your empty threats for someone else.  Remember, politeness counts  :)

Actually Michelle was using the appropriate level of politeness for
that type of problem.  You caused it and left her no channel except
an email list as a way to contact you.

Having done the same thing myself in the past( I mucked up a procmail
recipe :-) ),  I can tell you - the appropriate thing to do is apologize,
not try to tell the other person they shouldn't get upset when they had
every right to do so.

Here - you can quote this:

"I'm sorry for the problem.  Its been fixed and I won't do it again."

You were pretty much ok except you forgot the all important "I'm sorry".

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@xxxxxxxx
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an