Re: index_format %B / Mail-Followup-To

Hello Christoph,

 On Monday, August 25, 2003 at 9:09:39 PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Is it intentional that %B in index_format only works for "subscribe"
> but not for "lists"?

    Probably, yes, for the same reason as %L and %T: So that it's
triggered only when you have really received the message through a list.
See message <20021010094220.GF25588@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
mutt-dev or bug #1313 on the BTS (Broad Trampoline for Spam).

> I'd like to see the list name in the index also for non-subscribed-to
> lists.

    Me too: Apply patch-1.4-me.lists.1 by Michael R. Elkins in mutt-dev
archive msgid <20020928182545.GA4087@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>. It works
beautifully for %B, and %L and %T also.

> How can I see the Mail-Followup-To header mutt is going to put into a
> mail I send out?

    Would be usefull. But difficult, MFT having to be generated very
last, after each recipient changes in editor or compose screen, and
retain ability to be overriden at any stage by a user supplied one. And
survive postponing/recalling and reediting.

Bye!    Alain.