Re: I see

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 09:28:18AM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> Alex --
>
> [Mentioning portions of the original.]
>
> Oh.  I get it.  Like this, then? :-)

haha.

> Once again, we get back to the point where only a human -- or at least
> a much smarter algorithm than I want to see implemented in mutt -- can
> determine whether or not the message belongs with it's purported
> parent.

Nope. You're wrong. In real life (!= the one email in history where
David tried to prove a point by breaking the convention of laziness) it will be
quite easy to amend the traditional threading algorithms.

> If you have any ideas, perhaps you could implement something in procmail
> which breaks the references.  As an added bonus, put back together thread
> messages from borken clients like Outhouse :-)

You know what I just might do that, if only to wipe that smile of your
face :)

alex

--

Alex Polite