Re: accent problem replying mails

hello,

thanks for the fast reply :)

>>but when I reply it, in the editor, they are changed to rares
>>characters.
>
> "rares"? You mean "invalid" or "incorrect" characters?

sorry my english is not so good... with rare I mean invalid and
incorrect. Here is some examples.
letter in the original mail -->> letter when editing a reply
ó -->> ó
ò -->> ò
à -->> "Ã " (with a space)
' -->> â<80><99>

> I assume your vim was compiled with support for multi-byte characters?

yes, when I do a vim --version it says: "... +multi_byte ..."

> It sounds like a locale problem.
>
>>my system locales are:
>>
>>LANG=es_ES@euro
>
> Is that a valid locale on your system? When you run `locale -a`, is
> es_ES@euro in the list? If it's not, then your LANG setting is
> incorrect.

yes it is:
:~# locale -a
ca_ES@euro
ca_ES.iso885915@euro
ca_ES.utf8
en_US.iso885915
en_US.utf8
es_ES
es_ES@euro
es_ES.iso88591
es_ES.iso885915@euro
es_ES.utf8
POSIX
spanish

> I'm guessing that you probably either want to set LANG to
> es_ES.ISO8859-15 or es_ES.UTF-8, depending on the output of `locale
> - -a`.

I think that es_ES@euro is the same that es_ES.ISO8859-15 because when
I choose wich locales I want this is displayed like: es_ES@euro
ISO-8859-15

>>in the .muttrc I have tried with different carset options:
>>- set charset="iso-8859-1"
>>- set charset="utf-8"
>>- and with charset not defined.
>
> DO NOT set the charset yourself. It's *almost* always a bad idea
> (translation: if you don't know what you're doing, don't fuss with
> it).

heheh yes this is a good advise :)

Roger