Re: Mutt, multiple accounts problems

* Steve S (elcorto@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Oct 06 02:45 +1100, Jaime Tarrant  wrote:
> > I am also interested to know how others solve the multiple account issue for
> > sending mail. In my case, I use mutt with exim.
> >

> I use msmtp. It's very very easy to configure. You set up different
> accounts and you can name them. Then, use `msmtp -a <account>`. I use the
> other option, namely setting $from via various (folder-)hooks and in
> muttrc
>
>     set sendmail=/usr/bin/msmtp
>     use_envelope_from=yes
>
> This calls `msmtp -f $from` and selects the first account with a
> matching "from" address in .msmtprc.
> In the Mutt wiki, search for msmtp and you'll get infos covering all the
> basic (and not so basic) stuff.
>
> best,
> steve

I know it has been a while - but I just wanted to add that after migrating
from exim to msmtp, I have a mutt & msmtp configuration that I am quite happy
with. The only very minor downside of msmtp that I noticed is that it 'seems'
slightly slower than exim at sending mails, but its not noticable enough to
be of any inconvenience (to me anyway). Thanks for pointing me towards msmtp
Steve!

Kind Regards,
Jaime