Re: patch: signin & signoff feature (1.5.18)

Am 2008-10-08 17:43:11, schrieb Rado S:
> =- Alex Efros wrote on Wed  8.Oct'08 at 17:17:33 +0300 -=
> > The "attribution" is used only while replying. It isn't designed
> > to add "Hi!" at top of new message, it's function is completely
> > different.
>
> You're correct, "attribution" doesn't cover new messages.
> However, if you really need automatic greetings, you could make a
> script to use as $editor which prepends it for your before starting
> your editor.

And the Attribution-Line can not be more then one line since  "\n"  does
not work.

> > There two are very simple, clean, and doesn't conflict with
> > existing features.
>
> They don't conflict, but aren't required either, because you can
> achieve the same easily for a rare case.

For me, the "signin" and "attribution" line are completely different.

> > If somebody think it's too much to have attribution, sigdashes,
> > signature, signin and signoff, then I can ask why there so many
> > other variables already exists - we can replace them ALL with
> > single variable which define full email template (which will
> > contain all signin, attribution, dashes and other things inside)!

I realy like to have such thing as templating...

Curently I have "m", "r" and "L" redefined  to  a  macro  which  call  a
script which pipe the message  to  it,  grep  the  headers,  fill-out  a
template and then use it as signature...

But this is complicated  and  I  like  to  have  such  feature  im  mutt
integrated.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)