Re: patch: signin & signoff feature (1.5.18)

Hi Kyle!

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> On Wednesday, October  8 at 05:27 PM, quoth Christian Brabandt:
> >> I use it myself to automatically insert the "~Kyle" in my mails.
> >>
> >> I have no beef with your "signin" variable, but your "signoff"
> >> variable does appear to duplicate existing features.
> >
> > The same is true for sig_dashes vs. signature and still you have the
> > flexibility to set both settings.
>
> I don't understand what you're trying to say here...

Why can you set sig_dashes, if you could set it via signature?

> I'm not understanding what the problem is that a separate "signoff"
> variable addresses. Do you want to be able to change your signoff
> independently of your signature, via hooks?
>
>      send-hook . 'set my_junk=`echo ~Kyle > ~/.signoff-only`'
>      send-hook '%C work' 'set my_junk=`echo Kyle Wheeler > ~/.signoff-only`'

You might also need to unset sig_dashes. It looks too complicated. Do
you think this is an /easy/ solution just for setting the greating?

regards,
Christian
--
  • Dijkstra probably hates me.