Re: patch: signin & signoff feature (1.5.18)

Hi Kyle!

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> On Wednesday, October  8 at 05:17 PM, quoth Alex Efros:
> > This should become possible using "signature" with "sigdashes=no",
> > but looks like there some troubles with it - my mutt-1.5.16 (gentoo)
> > says: "sigdashes: unknown variable".
>
> That's because, if you look in the mutt documentation, it's actually
> spelled "sig_dashes".
>
> I use it myself to automatically insert the "~Kyle" in my mails.
>
> I have no beef with your "signin" variable, but your "signoff"
> variable does appear to duplicate existing features.

The same is true for sig_dashes vs. signature and still you have the
flexibility to set both settings.

I don't think so. Logically they are 2 distinct functions. I have been
missing such a function for long and this was one of the reasons, I
switched to muttng when it was available and now I have implemented a
solution in vim-script.

If you think about it, you might not want a Signature sometimes, but
of course you would like to have a signoff string. Or you could
generate the signature automatically by a script, but the
signoff-String should be the same.

regards,
Christian
--
A: Hi all, I'm playing with date&time functions. Can someone help me,
   please? I need a function which converts "Mar" to 3.