Re: Configuring sendmail on Mac OS X (Leopard)?

Peter Davis <pfd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have two Macs, one at work and one at home, running OS X 10.5.  I'm
> using nearly identical .muttrc files on both, using sendmail to send
> outgoing messages.  On my work Mac, this all behaves just fine.  On
> the home Mac, Mutt says "Message sent." but the message never arrives.
> Both are running Mutt 1.4.2.3i.

How do you set the 'sendmail' variable in .muttrc?

> Is there some way to trace the outgoing message to see where it's
> failing? Any tips on configuring sendmail on the Mac?  I didn't have
> to do anything on the office Mac ... it just works.

The binary is called sendmail, but that is just the Postfix to Sendmail
compatibility interface.  On OS X, Postfix logs to /var/log/mail.log --
parse that file for clues, assuming mutt is (via the sendmail command)
passing mails to Postfix.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil@xxxxxxxxxx>