Re: Configuring sendmail on Mac OS X (Leopard)?

On 04Sep2008 23:03, Sahil Tandon <sahil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Peter Davis <pfd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > I have two Macs, one at work and one at home, running OS X 10.5.  I'm
| > using nearly identical .muttrc files on both, using sendmail to send
| > outgoing messages.  On my work Mac, this all behaves just fine.  On
| > the home Mac, Mutt says "Message sent." but the message never arrives.
| > Both are running Mutt 1.4.2.3i.
|
| How do you set the 'sendmail' variable in .muttrc?
|
| > Is there some way to trace the outgoing message to see where it's
| > failing? Any tips on configuring sendmail on the Mac?  I didn't have
| > to do anything on the office Mac ... it just works.
|
| The binary is called sendmail, but that is just the Postfix to Sendmail
| compatibility interface.  On OS X, Postfix logs to /var/log/mail.log --
| parse that file for clues, assuming mutt is (via the sendmail command)
| passing mails to Postfix.

And the "mailq" command should recite the queue of unsent messages, if
any.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The obsession with minimizing vehicle size is yet another unwanted
leftover from the days when launch systems were produced by missile
designers.  It is *actively harmful* to the goal of low costs.
- Henry Spencer <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>