Re: unable to set working send-hook

* mimosinnet@xxxxxxxxx <mimosinnet@xxxxxxxxx> [07-10-08 19:58]:

> With these configuration lines:
> set postponed=~/.mutt/postponed
> fcc-hook joan.pujol@xxxxxxx ~/.mutt/record/uab
>
> After composing a message I get:
>
>         From: joan.pujol@xxxxxxx
>           To: mimosinnet@xxxxxxxxx
>          Bcc:
>      Subject: test
>          Fcc: ~/.mutt/record
>      Mix: <no chain defined>
>     Security: En clar
>
>         From: joan.pujol@xxxxxxx
>           To: joan.pujol@xxxxxxx
>          Bcc:
>      Subject: test
>          Fcc: ~/.mutt/record/uab
>      Mix: <no chain defined>
>     Security: En clar
>
> It changes my Fcc depending on my To: address.
>
> I have found this link:
> http://www.linux.com/articles/58760
>
> Suggesting something like:
> save-hook "~f user" folder
>
> I have been playing with different options without any results.

Why would you expect that to work, or the fcc-hook earlier?  Have you
read the manual:

   Usage: fcc-hook [!]pattern mailbox

   This command is used to save outgoing mail in a mailbox other than
   $record. Mutt searches the initial list of message recipients for
   the first matching regexp and uses mailbox as the default Fcc:
   mailbox. If no match is found the message will be saved to $record
   mailbox.

   See Message Matching in Hooks for information on the exact format
   of pattern.

   Example: fcc-hook [@.]aol\\.com$ +spammers

   The above will save a copy of all messages going to the aol.com
   domain to the +spammers' mailbox by default. Also see the
   fcc-save-hook command.

the syntax you present is *not* as the example provided.

yours: fcc-hook joan.pujol@xxxxxxx ~/.mutt/record/uab

fcc-hook joan\.pujol\@\.uab\.cat +record/uab

try it and see as I did not.

> Could that be something to do with mutt version? I am using Mutt
> 1.5.16.

are you using the "manual" from 1.5.16?