Re: unable to set working send-hook

* mimosinnet@xxxxxxxxx <mimosinnet@xxxxxxxxx> [100708, 03:13]:
> I am new to mutt and I am very much enjoying configuring it and
> exploring its functionalities. I have seen this message on send-hook:
> I have also been playing with fcc-hook. I am wondering if
> there is a similar functionality allowing to save messages (override the
> $record variable) depending on the sender (a pattern existing in the From:).
>
> Example:
> - If I send the message from mimosinnet_AT_yahoo.es, I want to keep a
>   copy of the mail in ~/.muttrc/record/yahoo
> - If I send the message from mimosinnet_AT_gmail.com, I want to keep a
>   copy in ~/.muttrc/record/gmail
> - If I send the mail from another address, I want to keep the mail in
>   ~/.muttrc/record
>
> Thanks very much for your help and attention.

I've never used it, so I cannot give you first  hand info. Did you
follow thw instructions laid out in 'man muttrc'? i.e.:

--- quote ---

       fcc-hook [!]pattern filename
              When  an outgoing message matches pattern, the default file name
              for storing a copy (fcc) will be the given filename.

       fcc-save-hook [!]pattern filename
              This command is an abbreviation for identical fcc-hook and save-
              hook commands.

--- unquote ---

HTH

--
[Why use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.          \\?//
 Do something you aren't good at!" (as Henry Miller used to say)]  (°|°)