Re: ":source ~/.muttrc" command weirdly moves message around in

Hi,

* Kyle Wheeler wrote:
On Tuesday, June 17 at 02:48 AM, quoth Russell Hoover:
I originally had this:

       <|cv|dm

and you suggested this:

       '(<|=cv|=dm)$'

but the only two things that works are these:

       <|cv|dm           and           '<|cv|dm'

No other combination lets it read the    %c    to the right of the line.

Hm. I just tested it. It seems like mutt doesn't want to do more than one shortcut substitution per pattern (I haven't checked the source to double-check, but that's how it seems to behave). I learned something new about mutt! Thanks!

When expanding paths, mutt looks at the first character for a shortcut only, much like ~-expansion in the shell. That means that

  <|cv|dm

will be expanded to

  foobar|cv|dm

before being compiled as a regex. In

there won't be any expansion at all since '(' isn't special at all. To match mailboxes 'foo' and 'bar' below $folder, something like this could work:

  =(foo|bar)

Rocco