Re: Change unread mark without open the message

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Michael Kjorling <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2008 11:42 +1000, by webmail.hce@xxxxxxxxx (hce):
>
> > But I have to check the "O" old state message manually to see if the
>  > message is truly a new messageI did not read before of if the message
>  > was read before but marked to unread state after messages
>
>  Is there a problem with the approach I suggested in
>  <20080425141451.GE6186@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>?

I tried but did not work well. I guess I may not understand your tag
procedure well, or I did not explain my intention clearly. I am doing
following two steps:

1. Config muttrc not to mark unread message from N (new) to O (old).

I tried to "set mark_old=no"

But it did not work, it still marked N to O after exiting mutt.

What was wrong for the "set mark_old=no"?

2. Change already marked "O" messages to "N"

If "set mark_old=no" works, all new messages will be mark to N so that
I can use key N to change message state without open the mails in

But for old messages which have already marked with "O", I want to
change it back to "N". I tried to use tag as you suggested above to
change all "O" messages to "N". But did not work. Please explain more
details how can I use the tag to change all "O" state to "N" state in
one go.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim