Re: Change unread mark without open the message

On 4/27/08, Paul Hoffman <nkuitse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:51:19AM +1000, hce wrote:
>  > What I am looking for is to find a key which can be just pressed once
>  > to remove the "O" old state. I have to clean hundreds "O" old state
>  > messages manually I transfered from other email clients.
>

> Try this:
>
>  macro index <esc>o
> "<tag-pattern>.<enter><tag-prefix><clear-flag>o<tag-prefix><tag-message>"
>
>  This leaves all messages untagged, in case that matters.

Thanks Paul, I guess that macro will automatically untag "O" from all
the messages, please correct me if I am wrong.

But I have to check the "O" old state message manually to see if the
message is truly a new messageI did not read before of if the message
was read before but marked to unread state after messages
transferring.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Jim