Re: How to erase already defined mailboxes ?

* Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek@xxxxxxx> [080328 04:28]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having many mailboxes receiving mail. Many mailinglists, so I'm
> getting mail all the time. It can get quite disturbing. I was thinking
> that I would define list of "core mailboxes" and list of "all
> mailboxes". At the morning I would switch on "all mailboxes" and read
> everything. Then I would switch to "core" and I wouldn't be disturbed by
> not so important mails. During day I could switch back and forward
> between those. Can I achieve this without restarting mutt, ie. can I
> empty the currently defined mailboxes ?

A simple approach would be to use "mail notification" (aka
"mailnotify") to alert you (via tone or icon) to the fact that mail
has come in to the "core" boxes.  When you move the mouse pointer to
the mailnotify icon, a temporary window opens, displaying the From
header and the Subject line of each unread message.

RLH