How to erase already defined mailboxes ?

Hi,

I'm having many mailboxes receiving mail. Many mailinglists, so I'm
getting mail all the time. It can get quite disturbing. I was thinking
that I would define list of "core mailboxes" and list of "all
mailboxes". At the morning I would switch on "all mailboxes" and read
everything. Then I would switch to "core" and I wouldn't be disturbed by
not so important mails. During day I could switch back and forward
between those. Can I achieve this without restarting mutt, ie. can I
empty the currently defined mailboxes ?

http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-3.html#ss3.11

does not give much of a hint.

Thank you