Re: How to deal with new mail?

> That is weird, I do not have explanation. I would try maildir as Kyle
> suggested.
>
> $ mkdir -p /tmp/maildir/{new,cur,tmp}
>
> in mutt
>  - press 'C' (capital C for copy mail) and enter /tmp/maildir as
>    destination.
>  - press 'c' (lowercase for switching folders) and enter /tmp/maildir
>  - you should see one mail; mark the mail as new (capital N)
>
> $ find /tmp/maildir -type f
> Should show one file in /tmp/maildir/new/some_random_filename
>
> in mutt
>  - press ':' (for entering commands) and type "mailboxes /tmp/maildir"
>    without the quoting
>  - switch to your mailbox (c =new), or how is it called
>  - press '.' and you should see at least "/tmp/maildir" in status line

This works like a charm! The mail is marked with 'N' in the folder view
and everything!

> You can try with mailbox format in similar  way,
>  - press 'C' and type /tmp/mailbox. You will be prompted if you want to
>    create one
>  - switch to the mailbox (c/tmp/mailbox)
>  - set the mail as new (N)
>  - switch to your mailbox (c =new), or how is it called
>  - make mutt to check new mail (:mailboxes /tmp/mailbox)
>  - '.' ...

This didn't work. Strange.

> If even this fails, I'm out of ideas and I would try newer mutt
> version.

So the easiest way out would be to switch to maildir format?
Are there any advantages/disadvantages? Will it be easy to migrate to
maildir with procmail and everything?

Anyhow, using maildirs would feel like quitting...

Thanks for your help,

Benjamin