Re: How to send a return receipt

=- Patrick Schoenfeld wrote on Mon 22.Oct'07 at 20:45:53 +0200 -=

> HTML mails, hmm. Bad thing. I don't like, nor do I write them
> myself, but receiving them (because some suppliers think they
> don't have to follow my wish if I ask them to not do so) is very
> uncomfortable in mutt. But its just that. Whereas I repeatedly
> explained why an external application does not work for return
> receipts. It does not very good for HTML mails, but it at least
> _does_.

You make a difference, we don't: for us it has the same annoyance
level as well as functional solution for those needing it
desperately nevertheless (and sufficiently convenient once it works).

> {...}
> But if it is featured by _every_ mail client in business
> environments then it should probably be supported.
> {...}
> BTW. this whole discussion again does not have anything to do,
> with what this all is about.

You're mistaken, because for us it has.
You want a more convenient solution for what is already possible as
it is now. The same is for all the other given examples: they
_could_ be more convenient, but need not be for either there are
better external tools for it (news, mailcap conversion, ...) or some
muttrc construct works well enough.
Not all that is popular in numbers in business means good in general
to make it convenient to use with mutt, see TOFU (which is range in
the same level as return-receipt for me: exceptionally necessary,
but not generally desired, same with HTML).