Re: How to resend message multiple times effectively

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 11:00:51PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, September 24 at 07:57 PM, quoth Ajeet:
> >I need to send the same message to multiple recipients. So what I am
> >currently doing is invoking "resend-message" repeatedly and changing
> >the "to" address. Is it possible to do this in one shot? As in fire
> >multiple emails, one for each address containing the same body.

In the days that I used mailx, I used a simple shell script with a
for (maybe while, I forget) loop.  The body of the mail and the address
list were in separate text files.

> What's wrong with including them all in the To, CC, or Bcc headers?

Mainly because on large lists of 50-100+ non-geek recipients where only
sporadic mailings are done (so the overhead of mailing-list software is
not warranted), there's too great a risk of the entire list ending up
in the hands of spammers or the target of viruses.  (Has happened time
and again on our church member list.)  Sometimes a list can end up being
abused even by one of its members.  (Happens on professional society
lists all the time.)

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/