Re: Charset issue?

    0n Sun, May 13, 2007 at 05:30:03PM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:

    >    ...an heresy. Modern PuTTY supports 256 colors, the best setting is
    >TERM=putty-256color. More precisely, set this value to the "terminal
    >type string" in PuTTY config, so it gets auto-exported. You'll also need
    >there to set "translation" to UTF-8, to match your locale's charset.

I tried this connecting to FreeBSD -CURRENT and see the following errors:

    tcsh: Cannot open /etc/termcap.
    tcsh: using dumb terminal settings.

#grep -i putty-256 /etc/termcap

Outputs nothing. Is this termcap entry only available OOTB on Linux ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.