Re: Patterns to set indicator colors?

On 2006-12-19, Sweth Chandramouli <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 December 2006 at 15:19:29 EST,
>    John - (<JohnRChamplin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) wrote:
> > > I do want the indicator bar, though.  I just want to be able to
> > > have its foreground colors change using the same criteria that
> > > the rest of the index uses.  Is there any way to do that?
> >
> > If I understand what you want, the following addition to .muttrc
> > should do it:
> > color index red default ~A
> > color index green default '~L "Sweth"'
>
> This is overridden by the indicator color when a message is selected, though.
> Basically, what I want to be able to do is:
>
> color index brightgreen blue
> color indicator brightgreen blue
> color index red black "!~P !~p"
> color indicator red blue "!~P !~p"
>
> That last line doesn't work because "color indicator" doesn't accept
> patterns, though.  Is there any other way to accomplish this beyond
> trying to rewrite the "!~P !~p" pattern as a godawful regex?  (Part
> of my hesitation to go that route is that my $alternates is rather
> complex, as I currently have a few dozen addresses through which I
> receive email.)

It used to be that you could not change the indicator colors as a
function of anything.  I don't think that's changed.  Have you
actually tried using a regular expression with the "color indicator"
command?  When I try (with mutt-1.5.12), I get the "too many
arguments" error message.  Contrary to the mutt manual, I don't
think "color indicator" accepts any arguments after the background
color.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division