Patterns to set indicator colors?

I'm trying to have mutt use a different fg color for mails not to/from
me in the index both normally and when selected by the indicator.  The
manual specifies that objects other than index can't take patterns for
specifying color, though--just regexps, and testing seems to confirm
that.

Am I missing something, or is it impossible to, say, have all emails
that are to/from me be shown with green text and all other emails
shown w/ red text, regardless of whether or not they are highlighted
by the indicator bar?  (I suppose I could come up with a huge kludgy
regex to duplicate the functionality of "!~P !~p" and hard-code in
my current $alternates, but that seems a little ridiculous, especially
since I know I would never remember to change that regex when I changed
alternates.)

-- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli - http://EthicalHomes.com/
Real Estate Brokerage through Keller Williams Realty, Vienna, VA