Re: mutt displays triplicate list entries for gnome development mail archive file

m laks wrote:
> here is a typical url to find any of these files.
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkglext-list/2006-July.txt.gz
>
> as you look at the file - no triplicates.
> mutt - 3 copies of each letter ????

I can see 2 copies of most of the emails (not 3 and not for all emails)
but they are part of the archive itself.  Try this commandline:

        zgrep ^Message-ID 2006-July.txt.gz |sort |uniq -c

It tells you what messages are there in the archive (using the message
id, which should be unique) and it tells you how many copies of each.

So I don't see a Mutt bug here: Mutt reads exactly what's in the file.

Toby