mutt displays triplicate list entries for gnome development mail archive file

Hi,

I have been using mutt now for about 5 months and I
love it! I usually use it for my own mail. :)

Now I occasionally would like to use it to read
archives of development forums.

Now I have downloaded some archives of gnome/gtk
development forums, such as
gtkmm or gtkglext. now when i open the files (ie.
either before or after gunziping them - mutt just
reads these mail files), the individual entries in the
list appear to be duplicated - even though when I open
the file in emacs they clearly just have one copy of
the letter in the file - mutt makes believe there are
3 copies of the letter.

Why 3 copies? I would rather prefer to see only 1 :).

here is a typical url to find any of these files.
the url is at the location
mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkglext-list/2006-July.txt.gz

as you look at the file - no triplicates.
mutt - 3 copies of each letter ????

Thank you!