Re: Custom Header (text/html)

On 30Nov2006 05:24, Victor Zucarino <vffzbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| How can I change the default "text/plain" to "text/html" from my
| headers? Is it possible via -H draft_file or my_hdr option?
|
| My current draft_file:
|
| From: myaddress@company
| To: other@company
| Subject: TEST
|
| <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
| <head></head>
|         <b>MY_TEST</b>
|
| So I'm trying to send like this:
|
| mutt -H draft_file < /dev/null
|
| I send and receive the mail without errors, but the header still show
| me the "Content-Type: text/plain" instead of "Content-Type: text/html"
| and the content in text plain, not html.

This does not directly answer you question, but if you are already
building the entire message with full headers outside mutt, why use
mutt? Hand the message directly to the system mail transport using
sendmail:

  sendmail -oi other@company < draft_file

Simple and direct. Mutt is useful if you want it to do things (eg add
attachments, fill out From: lines etc) but it appears your message is
ready to go!

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I can define the universe as well-done french fries and then prove the
universe is crunchy and tastes good with ketchup, but nobody else, when
talking about the more usual sort of universe, has reason to apply that proof.
        - arromdee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ken Arromdee)