Re: Display problems in OS X Terminal.app

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 01:19:13PM +0100, Henrik Enberg wrote:
> > I'm having redraw problems in OS X's Terminal.app, and would welcome
> > suggestions or solutions. The screen looks something like this:
> >
> >   http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8136/picture4pf3.png
>
> It looks to me like the problem is with the font lacking the proper
> line-drawing glyphs.  I've no idea how fonts works in Terminal.app, but
> if it supports x11 bitmap fonts, try these, they are very complete:
>
> <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html>

Thanks for the link. I think I already have those fonts installed
courtesy of my X11 installation, but they aren't available to regular OS
X applications including Terminal.app, which only speak
TrueType/OpenType, etc.  Perhaps it's possible to persuade them to work
together, but Holger Lillqvist has a lead for me which seems simpler,
and I will try first.

-- Mike