Re: wich settings for using firefox with mutt ?

mess-mate wrote:
> I've installed firefox in my $HOME dir.
> But can(t use it with mutt:
> my mailcap file looks like :
> text/html; /home/mes-mate/firefox/firefox '%s';       description=HTML
> Text; nametemplate=%s.html; test=test "$DISPLAY" != ""

That is on two lines.  That will be a problem.

> text/html; /home/mess-mate/firefox/firefox '%s'; description=HTML Text;
> test=test -n "$DISPLAY";  nametemplate=%s.html

Again that is on two lines.  It needs to be all on one line.

Here is an example.  Try this:

  text/html; /home/mes-mate/firefox/firefox %s; description=HTML Text;
test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; nametemplate=%s.html

That definitely works for me and I simply substitued your path into
the location.

To test that your firefox is receiving these pages try attaching to it
with the command interactively from another shell window.

  /home/mes-mate/firefox/firefox /tmp/somehtmlfile.html

Bob