Re: msmtp: retry sending failed messages

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> redondos escribe:
> > Is there a way of using the return code of $sendmail and, if needed,
> > retry sending a message that failed?
>
> I suspect that return code of $sendmail has nothing to do with the
> fact of the message have been succesfully sent. Having $sendmail
> returning a correct value could only mean that the message's been put
> to an output queue.

Agreed.

But for other general use it would seem that you could set $sendmail
to a shell script that you write and have it pass the mail to
sendmail.  The shell script could do special handling of the
messages.  It would reconfigure your mailer depending upon interface
data, etc.  You could probably handle whatever problem you are having
there.

Bob