which biff for maildir?

Which biff works best for the maildir structure?

My mail processing chain is:

    POP3 server at ISP ->

    getmail4 (run by cron) ->

    maildrop (sorting mail into categories and sub-categories) ->

    mutt

I tried gnubiff, but I could not figure out how to configure it, and
documentation appears to be non-existent.

I do not care to know simply that mail has been delivered.  What I
need to know is whether mail has been delivered to specific maildirs
in which I have particular interest, such as:

    ~/mail/computer/debian

    ~/mail/computer/mutt

    ~/mail/university

    etc.

Also, I am starting to conclude that, with mutt, it is too tedious to
keep more than one level of mail directory, and that it might be
better to simplify the structure to:

    ~/mail/computer-debian

    ~/mail/computer-mutt

    ~/mail/university