Re: PGP etiquette.

# I personally don't think there's that much point in signing messages
# to discussion lists, unless you're making some sort of announcement
# that needs to be authenticated.

Reading this and other messages convinced me of this.  Initially I
figured signing all mail would just be easier.

# I have seen the argument that signing every message makes it easier
# for people to tell that person XYZ is the same person XYZ who
# normally posts to the list, whereas if you just sign when you have
# something important to say, it might be harder for people to know
# you're the same person.

I guess I'm not terribly concerned about identity confusion.  I don't
tend to subscribe to lists where that sort of thing is a problem; by
and large, people are sane and nobody does anything sneaky.  I do take
care of release announcements, though, so I'll definitely sign those.

# I kind of find it a little annoying when people feel the need to
# sign everything to a list.. it's usually newbie linux weenies who
# are like "OMG LOOK AT MY COOL DECODER RING".

Ha. :)

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.b-tree.org