PGP etiquette.

Greetings,

I'm considering using PGP to sign all outgoing mail.  I'm reading a
tutorial for mutt+gnupg,

  http://codesorcery.net/old/mutt/mutt-gnupg-howto

which claims that "There is considerable debate as whether signing
messages that are sent out to mass audiences (via mailing lists and
the like) is appropriate."

I subscribe to a number of mailing lists and I'm concerned about an
etiquette violation, but I can't find any information.  The document
alludes to a debate on the issue, but searching hasn't revealed any
strong opinions on the matter.

I would be surprised if people got upset about secure mail (or any
associated annoyances thereof).

Should I sign such messages or not?  What's the Best Practice?

Thanks for your time,

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.b-tree.org