Re: PGP etiquette.

Quoting Jonathan Daugherty (cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> I would be surprised if people got upset about secure mail (or any
> associated annoyances thereof).
> Should I sign such messages or not?  What's the Best Practice?

I do not really mind signed messages on mailinglists, maybe because it
does not happen frequently on lists i'm on...

You'd have to think about the added value of signing your messages sent
to a mailinglist. If you're replying 'RTFM' or just explaining a piece
of code, what's the added value of a PGP signature?

Perhaps if you share the exact same name as another person on the list,
or some kiddo is constantly faking messages to make them look like they
came from you?

Personally, i only sign messages that are of private or personal matter,
or of which the content is of such nature that i'd like to state that i
indeed am the original sender.

Mailinglists usually are less informal, so why sign... :-)

Just my $0.02!

Kind regards,
Sander.