Re: PGP etiquette.

Jonathan Daugherty escribe:
> I subscribe to a number of mailing lists and I'm concerned about an
> etiquette violation, but I can't find any information.  The document
> alludes to a debate on the issue, but searching hasn't revealed any
> strong opinions on the matter.

In some mailing lists signed mail is welcome, mainly in those devoted
to Linux or Open Source. For some other mailing lists and recipients
signed mail is uncomfortable to read, specially if they're using email
clients where management of signed mail is not easy.

Good point about mutt is that you can enable pgp_autosign depending on
recipients. What I do:

I don't sign mail to individual recipients unless I know they welcome
it.

I don't sign mail to Yahoo Groups.

I sign mail to mailing lists where Open Source is the topic.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres     "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                  de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus