Re: non-deletable saved folder

Pete Johns wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 02:45:06 -0400, Todd Zullinger sent:
>>Pete Johns wrote:
>>>Ah... I sit corrected. I assumed that because the '%' did not
>>>appear in the status bar and because of the "Open mailbox in
>>>read-only mode ..." message, that the read_only flag was not
>>>being applied until I left the folder. I didn't spend a lot of
>>>time playing with this.
>>I do get the % in the status bar when I enter a folder in my
>>archive directory.  That's not the same behavior you get?
>>
> Sorry for the delay in my reply. No, I get the % when I leave
> that mailbox for another.

Odd.  I've never had that issue.  I don't recall exactly when I added
this (but subversion tells me it was Wed, 19 May 2004 at 20:07:56
-0400 :).

>>Can you actually modify messages or flags in the mailbox then?
>>
> Indeed I can. This is using Mutt 1.5.11 (2005-09-15).

I used the released version of 1.5.11 for a while, and various other
1.5.x releases in that time.  I'm now using 1.5.11 built from CVS on
20060406.  It seems that it should work for you.  There must be
something subtly different between my muttrc and yours, that's all I
can guess.

Just to refresh, my config for this looks like:

# archive mailboxes are opened read-only.
folder-hook .                       'set read_only=no'
folder-hook 'archive/'              'set read_only=yes'

I'm using mbox folders in the archive, some directly under archive and
others in subdirectories of that.  None of that should matter, but I
mention it just in case there's something about it which makes my
muttrc work while your's isn't working in this respect.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers
that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    -- Alexis De Tocqueville.