Re: non-deletable saved folder

Pete Johns wrote:
> Ah... I sit corrected. I assumed that because the '%' did not
> appear in the status bar and because of the "Open mailbox in
> read-only mode ..." message, that the read_only flag was not
> being applied until I left the folder. I didn't spend a lot of
> time playing with this.

I do get the % in the status bar when I enter a folder in my archive
directory.  That's not the same behavior you get?  Can you actually
modify messages or flags in the mailbox then?

>>As you've pointed out, this isn't perfect as I could still
>>delete the mail using some command or another mail client, but
>>a) I try to keep decent backups to guard against errant
>>commands, and b) who uses a mail client other than mutt???
>>
> Good stuff. I don't use any other mail client (why would I want
> to!?), but I know that there are some on this list who do.

I believe they're called heathens.  Or possibly Emacs users. ;-)

It is justice, not charity, that is wanting in the world!
    -- Mary Wollstonecraft, The Rights of Woman, 1792