Re: mutt hangs after writing long mail

On 2006-01-20 at 10:59 +0100, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> I use mutt with an imap mailbox (it is an courier-imap-ssl server at the
> other end), and reply mails there which I edit in vim.

Do you know what the keepalive period for that server is configured to
be?

Whilst mutt is running commands like editors, it ensures that the IMAP
server gets a keepalive every $imap_keepalive seconds, which defaults to
900 (15 minutes).

If you lower $imap_keepalive to less than the value needed by your
server, then hopefully this solves it.  You'll need to knock a few
seconds off the maximum allowed time if your server can be slow to
respond to commands; for safety's sake, if the server requires something
every 300 seconds, set imap_keepalive to 290.

If you're still having problems, then you might want to try current CVS;
Brendan's put a lot of work into improving the IMAP handling recently.
--
I am keeping international relations on a peaceable footing.
You are biding your time before acting.