Re: freebsd, mutt, unicode

On 2006-01-17 at 14:55 +0000, mal content wrote:
> "Where is the restaraunt, please?"

:^)

> > LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8 for example. LC_CTYPE is the only locale variable
> > which matters in this case.
>
> $ echo ${LC_CTYPE}
> en_GB.UTF-8
>
> (although mutt still seems to report my locale as 'C'. Could this
> be the source of the problem?)

The test is:
$ locale charmap

Aside from anything else, that confirms that LC_CTYPE is exported to the
environment where it can be seen by applications, instead of just being
a shell variable.  ("set | fgrep LC_CTYPE" to see if it's exported)

If "locale charmap" doesn't report UTF-8, then the value is bad; since
the value you show is supposed to be valid on FreeBSD, you'll need to
look in /usr/share/locale/ at the directory-names to see which are
installed.
--
I am keeping international relations on a peaceable footing.
You are biding your time before acting.