Re: text/x-diff mime type for mutt usage

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Jonas Jacobsson wrote:
> > text/x-diff; cat; copiousoutput
>
> That worked!  Thanks for suggesting that.
>
>   [-- Autoview using cat --]
>
> But I admit to being somewhat unsatisfied.  What I now see is: It just
> does not seem like the best solution to be using 'cat' here for a
> plain text part.  Mutt does not need cat for other plain text parts.

Found it!  My problem was self-inflicted.  How embarrasing.  I had the
following in my muttrc file.

  auto_view text/x-diff
  auto_view text/x-patch

I am not sure why.  Probably some suggestion for using the autoview
capabilities long enough ago that I had forgotten about it.  This
forces mutt to view the attachment with the mailcap defined command.
But it is a text/* type.  If I remove these then mutt works as I want
it to and displays the attachment natively.  I see:

  [-- Type: text/x-diff, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 1.3K --]

And the attachment is displayed along with the other text/plain
attachments in a normal mutt native display fashion.  So the answer is
that it only displayed it as I showed because I had configured it that
way and the way to fix it was to remove my additional configuration.

Yeah!
Bob