Re: text/x-diff mime type for mutt usage

Jonas Jacobsson wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >   [-- text/x-diff is unsupported (use 'v' to view this part) --]
> > What mailcap entry would I need to make that view as text inline in
> > mutt?  Or would that need to be a mutt configuration?
>
> Maybe you could try with...
>
> text/x-diff; cat; copiousoutput

That worked!  Thanks for suggesting that.

  [-- Autoview using cat --]

But I admit to being somewhat unsatisfied.  What I now see is: It just
does not seem like the best solution to be using 'cat' here for a
plain text part.  Mutt does not need cat for other plain text parts.
So I assume that knowledge of text/plain is hardwired into mutt.

Searching the docs I do see this:

    When you select a message from the index and view it in the pager,
  Mutt decodes the message to a text representation.  Mutt internally
  supports a number of MIME types, including text/plain, text/enriched,
  message/rfc822, and message/news.

So perhaps that is the best I can do with with text/x-diff and
text/x-patch attachments.

Thanks
Bob