Re: how can I use both imap AND local folders at the same time?

* René Clerc <rene@xxxxxxxx> [10-06-2005 14:37]:

> * Folkert van Heusden <folkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-06-2005 14:32]:
>
> > According to the manual, mailboxes selects which folders should be
> > checked for new mail.
>
> 'Folders' actually means 'mail folders'.

Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear:

.. it means that subdirectories are not automagically monitored as
well.

> > I tested with:
> > mailboxes ~/mail/
> > and when pressing c?<tab><tab> the mailboxes in that local folder are
> > not displayed.
>
> Indeed.  You can create a mailboxes directive like:
>
>   mailboxes `/path/to/clever.script`
>
> which lists the mailboxes you want to monitor for new mail.  These
> mailboxes will then *also* show up in the mailboxes browser.

This script can be something very similar to 'ls' ;-)

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7