Re: how can I use both imap AND local folders at the same time?

* Folkert van Heusden <folkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-06-2005 14:32]:

> According to the manual, mailboxes selects which folders should be
> checked for new mail.

'Folders' actually means 'mail folders'.

> I tested with:
> mailboxes ~/mail/
> and when pressing c?<tab><tab> the mailboxes in that local folder are
> not displayed.

Indeed.  You can create a mailboxes directive like:

  mailboxes `/path/to/clever.script`

which lists the mailboxes you want to monitor for new mail.  These
mailboxes will then *also* show up in the mailboxes browser.

* Folkert van Heusden <folkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-06-2005 14:32]:

> > > How can I use both imap AND local folders at the same time?
> > > Like that I can easily copy an e-mail from an imap-folder to a
> > > local folder or the other way aroud?
> > http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttGuide/Folders
>
> Doesn't tell you how to configure that.
>
> What I would like is that if I press s?<tab><tab> in a mail, that I
> not only get a list of imap-boxes as well as local folders.

Also define your IMAP mailboxes using a mailboxes directive.

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

M'n gevoelens spelen Rummikub met m'n hoofd.
-René Clerc