Re: to yahoo from mutt

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:05:12PM +0300, Aaron wrote:

> > I use send-hooks to get around this problem.

>  Well I finally got around to reading the docs and am still confused:
>
>  I have a group lilypond, I receive letters via aamehl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  I can only send/reply/forward etc from aamehl@xxxxxxxxx

> > send-hook "~t @mutt.org"     'my_hdr From: Pete Johns <paj-mutt@xxxxxxxxxx>'
> > send-hook "~t @yahoogroups"  'my_hdr From: Pete Johns <[Yahoo! email
> > address]>'

> is this what I should put in my .muttrc?
>
> send-hook "~t @lilypond-users"  'my_hdr From: Aaron Mehl <[aamehl@xxxxxxxxx]>'

That depends - is the address something like:

something@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

You're taking the response (and the docs) way too literally.
More likely, you'll want something like:

# by default send using your normal email address
send-hook . 'my_hdr From: Aaron <aamehl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>'

# regexp matching the email address of the list you want to send to
# using a different address
send-hook '~C ^lilypond-users@example\.com$' 'my_hdr From: Aaron Mehl
<aamehl@xxxxxxxxx>'

where lilypond-users@xxxxxxxxxxx is the email address of the list.

See "simple patterns" in TFM for more information about the types of
patterns you can use here.